The Bb Student app enables you to join sessions in Collaborate with the Ultra experience from your mobile device!
But...I'm not a student!
- No worries. You don’t have to be a student or a Blackboard product user.
- You will be prompted to download the Bb Student app.
To get started, you will need a Collaborate session link from the moderator.
Moderators need to use Collaborate with the Ultra experience in order for participants to collaborate in Bb Student. Collaborate with the Original experience is not supported.
Detailed steps to join a session
In most cases, your instructor or session moderator provides a Collaborate session link outside of the Bb Student app. Session links are visible in the Bb Student app only if an instructor posted a Collaborate link in a course. Bb student does not contain a Collaborate tool, page, or icon where you can search for session links.
- Access the Collaborate session link provided by the session moderator. Typically, moderators provide the link in email, on a web page, or in a course.
- On your mobile device, tap the link to open it.
- If you have Bb Student 2.0 or later on your device, Collaborate with the Ultra experience launches automatically.
For Android and Windows, you might need to tap Join session using Bb Student.
For iOS, you might be prompted to Open in Bb Student if this is your first time launching. Tap Open.
- If you don't have Bb Student 2.0 or later, you are directed to the appropriate app store to download the app. In some cases, you need to tap Install Bb Student app. After installing the app, tap the Collaborate link provided by the moderator again.
- You are joined to the session in one of these ways:
- If you logged in to Bb Student previously and are still logged in, the session opens. This scenario happens only if you are a user of a Blackboard Learn product and your school has mobile capabilities.
- If you haven't logged in to Bb Student, type your name and Join as Guest. If you are using Windows, type your name on the next screen.
If your school isn't set up to use Bb Student, you will always tap Join as Guest. If you are using Windows, you type your name on the next screen.
- See Collaborate in Bb Student to learn how to participate in a session.
Email Support (available in English only)
@BbMobileSupport on Twitter (available in English only)