Bb Student includes Blackboard Collaborate with the Ultra experience—a synchronous web conferencing solution for high-quality virtual classes and meetings. You can share files and video while interacting with your class.
To have the full range of moderator capabilities, instructors should use Collaborate with the Ultra experience on a desktop web browser. While you are on your desktop, your class can join on mobile devices.
Collaborate with the Original experience is not supported in Bb Student.
Give students the best Collaborate mobile experience
- Provide the session link to students in an easy-to-find place.
- Display it prominently in your course with a note that the link must be opened in a mobile web browser on a phone. You can provide a web link in the course menu or a content area.
- You can also email the link to students so it's easy to open in a mobile web browser.
- Give students the link to Bb Student Collaborate Help and instruct them to review it before your session.
- Use a URL shortener such as bitly.com (available in English only) or tinyurl.com (available in English only) for your Collaborate session. Shorter links are easier for students to type into their mobile browsers.
- Divide student into breakout groups within a session for team work.
- Keep large sessions under 250 participants which is the maximum number supported at this time.