The Blackboard IM Administration interface provides access to high-level management of Blackboard IM features and deployment. Course Management System (CMS) Administrators automatically receive Blackboard IM Administrator privileges when they create a Blackboard IM ID.
From this interface, Administrators can:
- Configure institution-wide settings
- Invite unregistered users and change invitation settings
- Check synchronization status and run a manual synchronization
- Enable or disable Blackboard IM on a course-by-course basis
- Manage Blackboard IM users
- Create and manage Help Desks
- Send broadcast notifications to all Blackboard IM users at their institution
- Review usage statistics
- Manage Administrator permissions
- Configure Web Conferencing
The Blackboard IM Administration interface is accessed by clicking the Administration tab on the Blackboard IM Settings page.
Download the PDF guide: