Here's everything you need to know about the May 2016 release of Blackboard Collaborate with the Ultra experience.
The May release will be deployed according to the following schedule:
- Saturday, May 7 in European and Australian data centers
- Saturday, May 14 in U.S. and Canadian data centers
To learn more, see the Collaborate Support Bulletin (available in English only).
What's new and improved
We're continually evolving to improve the teaching and learning experience. The May 2016 release focuses on enabling better workflows for Learning Tools Interoperability® (LTI)-based integrations and introducing diversified emojis.
The emoji pack for Collaborate with the Ultra experience now supports diversified emojis and Unicode-8 characters. Use one of five supported skin tones on any human emoji. Add underscore, tone, and the supported tone number (1 through 5) to your emoji when typing. Don't forget the colons on either end of your emoji text.
Dedicated course room for LTI-based integrations
Blackboard Collaborate with the Ultra experience provides a rich set of integration options for your Learning Management Systems (LMS) and Virtual Learning Environments (VLE). The LTI-based integration now offers a dedicated Collaborate Ultra Course Room. This makes it easier for moderators to use Collaborate with the Ultra experience in their LMS/VLE courses. It also provides moderators and participants a convenient launch point for classes or impromptu meetings.
The dedicated course room is on by default. You can turn it off at the institution and course levels. To learn more, see Collaborate in an LTI compliant LMS.
- An improved create session workflow in the Collaborate with Ultra experience Scheduler and LTI User Interface (UI).
- The bbcollab.com URL displayed in the ChromeTM desktop sharing extension sends users to a Blackboard page that includes a link to blackboard.com.
- The Scheduler UI now includes a Full Name email invitation option.
A few notable resolutions are listed below, along with a link to the Resolved Issues page.
- Resolved an issue in recording that would skew the audio from application/screen share. This was resolved as a hot fix as of Wednesday, May 3.
- Resolved an issue where a recording might not be available if it was started while sharing a file or whiteboard
- Resolved an issue converting and sharing slides with transparent backgrounds
Rome wasn't built in a day. The page below identifies known defects and workarounds in Collaborate with the Ultra experience.
List of known issues on Behind the Blackboard (available in English only)
Statements regarding our product development initiatives, including new products and future product upgrades, updates or enhancements represent our current intentions, but may be modified, delayed or abandoned without prior notice and there is no assurance that such offering, upgrades, updates or functionality will become available unless and until they have been made generally available to our customers.