Here's everything you need to know about the September 2015 release of Blackboard Collaborate with the Ultra experience.
The September 2015 release will be available on the following dates.
- Saturday, September 26, 2015 in U.S., Canadian and Australian data centers
- Saturday, October 17, 2015 is the next planned update for the European data center
What's New and Improved
We're continually evolving to improve the teaching and learning experience. In this release we focused on giving moderators more control over their presentation sharing, managing experiences over lower connection speeds, and significant improvements in the use of assistive technology!
Jump to a Specific Slide
Share Content > Share Files
Now when you share PowerPoint® or PDF presentations in Collaborate you can preview all of your slides and jump directly to the exact slide you want to show. Click the presentation name to open the slide navigator panel.
Make Content Bigger
Having trouble seeing the content? Make it bigger.
Double-click files, applications, and whiteboards that you share or others share with you to zoom in. Grab and move the content to see what you need to.
We Added Color
It's not just for looks. Now you can quickly see what is on by it's color! When you select a tool the color changes to indicate it is on.
Download Your Recordings
Session Administrator System (SAS) and Learning Tools Interoperability® (LTI) users can now download recordings from the SAS user interface as well as on the recording play back page.
Moderators must allow session recording downloads for each session. Open a session's Session Settings and check Allow download recording. Any recordings made in this session can be downloaded while downloads are allowed.
Sessions created in Blackboard Learn and Moodlerooms courses don't have the download option in their recording playback page at this time.
Moderator License Support
Customers with "Moderator Access" Licenses can now contact Support to request access to Collaborate with the Ultra experience.
- Log into the Behind the Blackboard support site.
- Click Create a case.
- From the Environment drop-down list, select your web conferencing environment.
- From the Issue Topic drop-down list, select Ultra Experience.
- From the Functional Area drop-down list, select Request Collaborate with the Ultra experience.
- Click Create New Case.
Low Bandwidth Management
Don't miss out because of your connection! Collaborate adapts to your connection speed and network limitations making sure you can still see and hear what's important.
We’ve resolved a number of accessibility related issues found during the Collaborate Technical Preview and 3rd party accessibility audits. You'll see significant improvement in the use of assistive technology with this latest version of Collaborate. Formal compliance documentation is coming soon!
More on accessibility at Blackboard (available only in English)
We resolved many known issues. These include but are not limited to the following.
- Participants can no longer add a profile picture when moderators have only allowed moderators to show their profile pictures in a session.
- Users with browsers set to languages other than English will no longer see English text for some video and audio device selections.
- ChromebookTM users no longer see layout issues when there is live closed captioning.