What is the scheduler?
Access Collaborate from your browser > Log in > Sessions
The scheduler is where you schedule and manage your sessions and recordings. It is the Ultra experience of the Session Administration System (SAS). Here you'll encounter an intuitive design for scheduling sessions in the Ultra experience and viewing recordings.
Set the date for your session, the designated start and stop times, and then send the link to your students. Just access Blackboard Collaborate from your browser and log in to begin.
You must have a URL and login credentials from your institution to use this scheduler.
If you are already using the Ultra experience of Collaborate, you see the new scheduler experience automatically. If you aren't using the new Ultra experience and want to, see How do I switch my experience?
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Original" help for the Session Administration System (SAS).
What can I do in the scheduler?
Create new meeting sessions: Select Create Session. Add the name, date, and time of your meeting. You can also decide if you want to allow recording downloads. To learn more, see Create and Edit Sessions.
Update meeting information: Need to adjust the time or date, or invite a guest? Point to a meeting to edit the meeting.
Start your meeting: Select the name of the meeting when you are ready to start.
Search for meetings: Have several meetings scheduled? Select Search to filter the meeting list. Type a specific session name or date.
View Recordings: Select Recordings to view your recordings. To learn more, see Record Sessions.
Update your account information: Go to your profile to update your personal information and change your password.
View Session Attendance Reports: Find the session you want to see a report on, and select the Sessions options menu. Select View reports. To learn more, see Session attendance report.
Switch between experiences: You can easily switch back and forth between scheduling Ultra experience and Original experience of Collaborate (12.6) sessions any time.
This is an introduction to the Ultra experience for Collaborate administrative functionality. Like the Ultra session experience, we'll continue adding functionality to this interface over time, eventually replacing the current SAS interface entirely.
Create And Edit Sessions
Sessions > Create Session
- Set the date and time the session starts and ends. You can choose to keep a session open or repeat. You can also select if students can enter the session prior to the start time.
- Type a detailed description of the meeting. This helps students find the right session.
- Copy the moderator link for your personal use, such as adding to a personal calendar item. Anybody using this link must be able to sign in with the session creator credentials.
- Set guest access for the meeting. Click On to allow participants to invite additional guests.
- You can send the copy of the guest link to your students, or other guests. You can also decide if your guests join as participants, presenters, or moderators by default.
Session links can be long and break when sent. Use a URL shortening service, such as TinyURLTM, to create a short alias for your session.
- Decide if guests join as a participant, presenter, or moderator. Not sure of which permissions to grant someone? Don't worry. Permissions can also be set during your meeting.
Only supervisor and administrator accounts can create sessions.
Decide who can do what in your sessions from the scheduler.
- Allow recording downloads from the Recordings page as well as on the recording play back page.
- Show the profile pictures of moderators only.
- Allow participants to use audio, video, chat, and the whiteboard editing tools.
- Allow users to join the session using a telephone for their audio.
The Original Session Administration System
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Ultra" help about scheduling sessions.
Managers and administrators can manage users and view reports from the original experience of the scheduler. Use the Original SAS if you are using Original experience sessions. Switch between the Ultra experience and Original experience any time.
Sessions scheduled in the original experience use the Original experience launcher.
Switch between the Original and Ultra experiences of Collaborate any time with just one click!
- If you are in the Ultra experience, select Back to the Original experience (Collaborate V12)
- If you are in the Original experience, select Back to Collaborate Ultra experience
Bookmark the experiences to return to them any time!
You can also select the banner on the User Login page to check out the new Collaborate scheduling experience.
Which experience should I use?
Consider using the Ultra experience if you use office hours, lectures, and small group collaboration. On the other hand, you may want to use the Original experience if you have large group collaboration, do deep teaching and learning, and have large-scale webinars.