If you are having issues with your audio or video, please check the following:
- Check that the browser has permission to access your camera and microphone.
- Check that the audio or video controls are enabled. A line through the icons means that a device is not enabled.
- Check that you are using the latest version of Chrome.
- If you use Chrome, click the video icon in the URL bar to check the default audio and video settings.
- From the pop-up window, you can change devices or step through your device setup again to set the default devices. You may need to refresh the page for the change to take effect.
If you are having issues with setting up your audio and video with JAWS, follow these steps:
- From a Collaborate session, press Tab to focus on the Share Audio button. If "Share Audio toggle button pressed, sharing audio" is not announced, you are not sharing audio.
- Disable and re-enable the JAWS virtual cursor. You can now use arrow keys to navigate Collaborate.
- Press the Down arrow to move through the controls and errors. You should hear a notice that the browser has blocked access to your camera and microphone.
- Press the Down arrow until JAWS lands on "Cancel Tech Check".
- Press Enter to exit the tech check.
- Move JAWS focus to the browser address bar.
- Press Tab to move to the indicator that states microphone and camera are blocked and press Enter.
- Press Tab to move to the Allow/block access radio buttons.
- Press the Down arrow to move to the Allow radio button and press Space.
- Press Tab to move to the Done button and press Enter.
- Move JAWS focus to the Collaborate window.
- Press Tab to move to My Settings and press Enter.
- Press Tab to move to Set up your camera and microphone and press Enter.
- Press the Up and Down arrows to select the microphone you want to use.
- JAWS announces "You sound great!" when Collaborate is receiving your audio. Press Tab to move to Yes, it's working and press Enter.
- Press the Up and Down arrows to select the camera you want to use.
- JAWS announces "You look great!" when Collaborate is receiving your video. Press Tab to move to Yes, it's working and press Enter.
- Press Tab to move to Close settings. Press Enter.
If you see the message that Application sharing is starting, but the screen does not actually start sharing, stop and restart application sharing.
If you continue to have issues, uninstall and reinstall the Desktop Sharing extension in Chrome:
- From Chrome Settings, access the Extensions.
- Clear the Enable option in the Desktop Sharing 1.0 WebRTC extension, and then delete the extension.
- Click the Get more extensions link from the extensions page.
- Search for Extensions and type Desktop Sharing.
- Add the extension.
- Start application sharing in Collaborate.
- If you see Application sharing is starting but your screen is still not shared, stop and restart application sharing.
Search the Knowledge Base (available in English only)
Submit a case on Behind the Blackboard (available in English only)