Recorded sessions are saved as MP4s. Recordings include audio, any content shared or active speaker video, and the captions entered during the live session. If your session had more than one caption track, only the first available one is captured. Only moderators can record sessions.
Everyone can view the recordings from any device as often as they want. There are no view limits.
Recordings need to be converted into a playable format before viewing. The first time a recording is accessed the conversion begins. It may take a few minutes but once is has been done the recording can be viewed by everybody.
The recording player has the same look and feel as your Collaborate session. There is a Recording menu similar to the Session menu in your live sessions and recording playback controls.
- Recording menu: Open the Recording menu at the top left of your screen. From here you can download the full recording, get extra help or report an issue if you are having trouble with the recording.
- Captions: Captions are only available in recordings when captions were used during the live session. Closed captions are on in the recording by default. Select Closed Captions in the playback controls to turn off the captions or adjust the size of the caption font.
- Playback controls: The intuitive playback controls allow you to navigate through the recording the way you want.
- Pause: With your keyboard, press the Spacebar to pause and play the recording.
- Repeat/Forward: With your keyboard, press the Left and Right arrow keys to repeat or skip the recording by 10 seconds.
- Progress: Slide the marker on the progress bar to move through the recording. With a keyboard press Shift + Left arrow or Shift + Right arrow to repeat or skip the recording by 10 seconds.
- Volume: With your keyboard, press the Up and Down arrow keys to increase and decrease the volume by 5%.
- Closed captions: Select Closed captions to view the captions with the recordings.
Don't worry, we'll walk you through it. When you first open the recording player we'll show you where everything you need is.
How do I find the recordings?
Recordings are saved on the same page you joined your session from.
- From a web link, log into Collaborate and select Recordings.
- From a Moodlerooms course, select the Collaborate activity to view the recordings.
- From a Blackboard Learn course, select Course Tools and Collaborate.
- From an Learning Tools Interoperability® (LTI) compliant Learning Management System (LMS), go to Collaborate and select Recordings.
Not sure what your course is? Jump to Use in Your Course.
Can I download recordings?
Yes. If the moderator has allowed session recording downloads, you can now download recordings from the same place you view the recordings as well as on the recording play back page.