Filter the list of features or view the maintenance items.
MP4 1.0.7_1 | Release to Production 11 November 2016
With this release, we are fixing an issue that was causing Classic MP4 conversions to be slower than expected.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Building Block for Blackboard Learn
Building Block v1.0.1 | Release to Production 7 November 2016
This release is a maintenance release. In this release we focused on improving internationalization support and assorted bug fixes identified after the initial 1.0 release.
Windows Launcher 1.6.3 | Release to Production 7 October 2016
The issue in which users were unable to launch a Collaborate with the Original experience session or recording using the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher application version 1.6.3 for Windows has been resolved.
There is nothing your institution needs to do regarding this update. Windows users will simply have to download the updated Blackboard Collaborate Launcher 1.6.4 after Friday, October 7, 2016.
Collaborate Building Block
We have updated the Blackboard Collaborate Building Block to address a number of issues regarding large enrollments, recording pullback, course room behavior, and more.
Windows Launcher 1.6.3 | Release to Production 28 September 2016
Launcher 1.6.3 is a maintenance release and contains no user visible changes. We have resolved the following two reported issues:
- The Advanced tab did not respond to input. As a result, a proxy could not be bypassed through the Launcher, cache could not be cleared and the Java console could not be enabled.
- Multiple blank error windows presented to the users when loading a session from behind a proxy
There is nothing your institution needs to do regarding this client update. Windows users will simply have to download the updated version of the Launcher application after September 27, 2016.
Admin Installer 1.6.3 | Release to Production 28 September 2016
System administrators can install the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher on all institutional Windows machines using the Admin Installer. This installation results in deployment to the Program Files (x86) folder. All users, except Guest, will be able to launch Blackboard Collaborate session and recording files (.collab files) without having to install the Blackboard Collaborate launcher program themselves.
To take advantage of this release, please visit our Support Portal. You can find Collaborate product downloads, such as Window Launcher Admin Installer, from the Behind the Blackboard home page by selecting Downloads in the Self Service section. You can also select Downloads in the Self Service menu at the top of any Behind the Blackboard page, or directly to the article (available in English only).
If you have any questions or for more information, please feel free to contact our Technical Support team by submitting a ticket through our Support Portal.
MP4 1.0.7_0 | Release to Production 30 June 2016
With this release, we are continuing our commitment to delivering strong product quality and providing a stable, reliable experience. The bug fixes and enhancements in this release are primarily focused on improving reliability of our recording playback services. We changed from using Kaltura to SMS on Classic MP4s. This change now supports mobile device playback.
Web Conferencing 12.6.4 Resolved Issues
The following issues have been resolved:
- The session does not freeze when the playback is moved back and forth.
- Users of the Polish localization can use the Webtour shortcut by pressing CTRL+ALT+U. This no longer creates a "€" sign.
- Recordings no longer show names when the session was set to hide them.
- “Follow” now stays checked when advancing slides in breakout rooms.
- Users no longer need to click back on a timeline more than once to view images.
- Webtour now continues to work when two or more users are connected.
- Mac 10.9 users are now able to view the Webtour.
- A user’s focus now remains in the chat when a Webtour is started.
- WBP files are protected when uploaded using the “Load content” button.
- The Copyright year has been updated to 2000-2015 in the About box.
- Users can switch to sharing an application when sharing their entire screen using the Tools menu.
- The PPT converter now uses the newer .NET framework.
- Mac users with Java 7 no longer experience Collaborate hanging on launch.
- Mac users no longer experience Collaborate hanging on quit.
- Participants need permission to post anything on the whiteboard.
- Sessions no longer freeze when moving participants between breakout rooms.
- MacOSx 10.9 users cannot show content outside of selected application when using the appshare.
- The graphing calculator no longer causes excessive activity.
- The “Object Explorer” window stays in the same place when the window is closed and reopened.
- User of all localizations can modify Proxy settings.
- If a user is scrolling to see previous chat messages, the chat window no longer bounces to the end of messages when a new one comes in.
- The correct attribute panel is given for the whiteboard tools.
- The dialog to save a chat no longer appears twice.
- There are no longer video issues on Surface Pro 3.
- Android users will no longer see a blank screen when logging in during the WebTour.
- The splash window where the Internet speed is confirmed, is no longer truncated.
- Mac users can move whiteboard objects to Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Suspending video does not fail.
- Participant use of chat room has been added to logs, to enable reporting and interventions based on user activity.
- Moderators and participants can type in the chat box during Webtour.
- The Java 8 update 40 no longer causes tiny chat fonts and wrong alignment.
Preform the following to install Collaborate 12.6.4 to your existing ELM instance.
- Download the Gemini 12.6.4.zip bundle. The bundle should include the following directories:
- Stop your ELM services.
- Copy the files from within the "Client" directory to the following location and overwrite the existing files: YourELMInstallLocation\ElluminateLive\manager\tomcat\webapps\elmcontrol\lib\12.5
- Copy the contents of the Server directory, including the Services subfolder, to the following location and overwrite the existing files: YourELMInstallLocation\ElluminateLive\server\lib
- From the Jnlp directory copy the join and Play templates marked 12.5 to the following location and overwrite the existing files: YourELMInstallLocation\ElluminateLive\manager\tomcat\webapps\YourInstanceName\WEB-INF\resources\templates\jnlp”
- Repeat these steps for each instance within your server.
- Restart your following ELM services.
- License Manager
The following issues have been resolved:
- Fixed issue that prevented users from uploading a PowerPoint presentation (using Mac OSX 10.10.)
- Removed support for SSLv3 to remediate potential POODLE security vulnerability.
- Fixed issue that caused Moderator session to freeze if participants were moved between breakout rooms (after using Application Sharing.)