If desired, change the default values used by the Building Block to control the behavior of sessions and how users interact with them.
Open the settings page: Administrator Panel > Building Blocks > Installed Tools > Blackboard Collaborate > Settings
- Click the desired link (Room Defaults or Guest Access Details) under the Default Values heading to configure the desired settings. See the descriptions of the settings below.
- Search Defaults: These settings will determine the options that appear when a user attempts to search for a session or recording. They can always be changed by the searcher.
Session Join Defaults: Select the default Display Name configuration for participants who join a session through the CMS. This can be changed by participants who create and edit a profile.
First Name, Last Name
Last Name, First Name
First Name, Last Name (Username)
John Smith (Smith123)
Last Name, First Name (Username)
Smith John (Smith123)
Teleconference Options: Select the default teleconference type that will be enabled for newly created sessions. The default value can be edited for specific sessions at the time of creation, or by anyone who has permission to edit the session.
- Select Use built-in to make Integrated telephony the default. With integrated telephony, customers don't need their own teleconference provider because the teleconference service is provided by Blackboard Collaborate. Teleconference phone numbers and PINs are automatically generated during session creation and anyone in the session can initiate the connection between the session and the teleconference (establish the Teleconference bridge) by simply dialing in to the teleconference.
- Select Use third party to make Third Party Provider telephony the default. With Third Party Provider Telephony, institutions must use their own teleconference provider. It requires a Moderator or session creator to manually configure the teleconference connection information and a Moderator to manually initiate the connection between the session and the teleconference (establish the Teleconference bridge).
- Select Do not use teleconference to make teleconferencing disabled in sessions the default.
Session Creation Information: Select the default settings for newly created sessions. These values can be edited for specific sessions at the time of creation, or by anyone who has permission to edit that session later.
Grade Center Integration: Enable Grade Center Integration to grade students for attending Blackboard Collaborate sessions or viewing session recordings. The default value can be edited for specific sessions at the time of creation, or by anyone who has permission to edit the session.
Roles and Access: Select All users join as moderators as the default to have all participants join a session with Moderator privileges. Select Restrict access to this session if you want to assign moderator or participant roles to each user attending the session. The default value can be edited for specific sessions at the time of creation, or by anyone who has permission to edit the setting .
When Assign access is selected, each user you wish to participate in your session must be assigned a role; otherwise, the session will not be available to them.
Select Allow Unregistered Guests if you wish to allow guests (those with no invitation) to join sessions through a guest link.
Student Permissions: Select Allow Students to Convert Recordings to allow students to convert the recordings into other formats.