Administrators can create private groups and public groups. Private groups will only be available to you for messages, whereas a public group will be available to all users that have permission to send messages.
Add a new group
- From the Blackboard Communication HQ interface menu, select Messages > Group.
- Select Add to create a new group.
- Select the School for the group.
- Type a Group Name.
- Select Private ID for the Group ID to be assigned.
- Select From a file in the Select one or more members box.
- Select the file settings.
- Select the Member Type you are uploading.
- Select the file location from the Transfer Type.
- Select Choose File to select the file to upload and select Load.
- After loading the file, select Load to move the recipients to the Selected members box.
Current members selected will display in the Selected Members list. To remove them, select the name from this list.
- Select Advanced Options to select users that can view members of and contact members of this group.
- Select Save when finished.