You create a static group by selecting members from a list of available users.
Add a new static group
- From the Blackboard Communication HQ interface menu, select Messages > Group.
- Select Add to create a new group.
- Select the School for the group.
- Type a Group Name.
- Select Private ID for the Group ID to be assigned.
- Select From a list in the Select one or more members box.
- Select the members for your group.
- Selecting the folder icon will expand the folders, showing students and parents from your classes or other groups.
- Add entire folder of names by clicking Select next to the folder. To add individuals, expand the folder and click on the individual’s name.
- You can type a name and select Search to find a specific user.
Current members selected will display in the Selected Members list. To remove them, select the name from this list.
Select Advanced Options to select users that can view members of and contact members of this group.
- Select Save when finished.