You can create a survey that can be sent via phone, email, social media, or through your school mobile app. Question types you can include are numeric value, yes/no, true/false, agreement scale (1-5), multiple choice, multiple choice – all that apply, and freeform (text/audio) responses.
To create a header for the survey explaining the purpose of the questions, set the first question as a yes/no response asking if the person would like to participate in a survey. In a phone survey for example, you can create an audio recording saying, “If you would like to participate in this lunch menu survey, press 1. If not, press 2 and hang up.” Your audience will know what they are taking a survey on before deciding whether or not to participate.
Create a survey
- From the Blackboard Communication HQ interface menu, select Messages > Survey. A list of previously created surveys will be listed.
- To create a new survey, select Add.
You can create a new survey by copying an existing one. Select the survey and select Copy. Select the copied survey and select Clear Results. Open the survey and make any changes.
- Select the School for survey or the district for all schools.
- Type the Survey name to provide a title for the survey.
- To have the survey completed by a specific calendar event, select This survey will be tied to a calendar.
- Select Add Question to begin creating the survey content.
- Type the question in the text box.
- Select the appropriate response. Options include: Numeric Value, Yes/No, True/False, Agreement Scale (1-5), Multiple Choice, Multiple Choice – All that Apply, and Freeform (text/audio).
- For multiple choice answers, type one answer per line for up to ten lines.
- Select Save when finished with the question.
- Add your recording needs for the question:
- Select the survey question.
- Select Record Audio/Audio Options to record audio for the survey.
- Select a method for recording audio.
- Upload a pre-recorded WAV or AIFF file.
- Call ParentLink to record your question. Instructions will be displayed.
- Don’t record audio. Just use text-to-speech.
- Select OK when finished.
- You will receive a verification of audio. Select Save.
- Select Add Question to create more questions.
- Use the Move Up, Move Down, and Remove buttons to rearrange the survey questions.
- To preview the survey, select Preview.
- Select Save when finished.
When you are finished creating your survey – you can send it to members of your community.