Assigning a bias to messages allows you to track the types of messages that are sent out to students to determine whether the content is positive, negative, or neutral. Pre-made teacher messages (with the Blackboard logo) are already assigned a bias. You only need to assign biases to customized messages.
Assign a bias
- From the Blackboard Communication HQ interface menu, select Messages > Library.
- Select the tab for a customized message – Teacher Reach Messages, Personal Teacher Messages, School Messages, or Personal School Messages.
- Select the Message Name for a message that contains a yellow (none) icon for the Bias.
- Select the bias level for the message by selecting Positive, Neutral, or Negative.
- Select Save when finished.