There are several pre-written, standard messages for your district or school to use. These messages are written and recorded in four supported languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Haitian-Creole. You can also pre-write, record, and save messages to use again. These messages are available under the Existing Messages column.
Send an existing (saved) message
- From the Blackboard Communication HQ interface menu, select Messages > Send.
- Select any default or saved messages from the folders in the Saved Messages section.
Open each folder to see what default and saved messages are in them.
- Select Edit to update the message or to select any other delivery methods – Phone, Email, Text/SMS, App Notifications, Facebook, Twitter, District/School Websites.
- Add Recipients, change the start time, or adjust many other options by using the menu to the left of the message area.
- Include language translations by selecting Add Language, and select each language needed.
- Set the message as an Emergency if needing to send out immediately.
- Select Send when ready to send the message.