Users are able to select recipients by groups, schools, grades, even individually. There are various ways to select recipients.
Search for recipients
- From the Blackboard Communication HQ interface menu, select Messages > Send.
- Select Choose from the Recipients area.
Select From a List — Type a recipient’s name in the Search box. You can also select a group from the list, or open the group and select specific users.
File of Users
Select From a File — Have a pre-created text file of users phone numbers and email addresses to upload. When a file is uploaded with phone numbers and email addresses, the system will create temporary accounts that will be deleted after the message has been delivered.
You can create the file in Excel and save as a text file. Columns include Phone, Email, First Name, Last Name, and Language.
If a recipient does not have an email address, leave the cell blank. If sending a phone message, and the recipient does not have a phone number — delete that recipient. Make sure that all recipients have ten digit phone numbers.
Map of Users
You can select specific users based on their location on a map.
Select From a Map — Select the types of users to search for on the map, and then select Done.
- To move the focus of the map to surrounding areas, left click and drag with the mouse.
- To zoom in or out, double left or right click with the mouse, or use the magnification settings on the left-hand side of the map.
- Through the use of Google Maps, select recipients depending upon their address.
- Select recipients with the tools provided — Grab, Rectangular, Circular, and Custom. When using these tools, click and drag to expand the area.
Select Advanced Search — You can send messages to groups of users based on set parameters to locate recipients. For example, you can send message to parents with students in a specific grade level.
- Select the specific School to limit the recipients to a specific school in your district.
- Select the specific Role for the user types include.
- From the drop-down list in Field and Operation, select the search parameters.
- Type any specific variable in the Value box.
- Select Search when ready.