Your Blackboard representative can help you enable the Universal Navigation Bar for your Blackboard Community Engagement solution to link your website with the communication programs.
When you link your website account with your Blackboard Community Engagement account, you will be able to create messages from your district and school website, your Blackboard Communication HQ web interface, or the Communication HQ app. In addition, you can post messages to the homepage(s) of your websites.
How to link accounts
- From your Blackboard Community Engagement account, select your school website from the program menu.
- Type your Username and Password for your website.
- Select Sign In and Connect.
You will receive a message that the accounts have been linked.
- Select Continue to <Your Website>.
The universal navigation bar will also appear in the website interface.
How to use message integration
You create a message just as you usually would, but now you can also post messages to your website.
- Select Create Message to access the messaging interface.
- To post a message to the website, select the Website message icon.
- Add message details.
- Select a website widget from the Sites list. This widget will be the area on the website that will host the message.
You can select multiple school websites for a district-wide message.
- When finished with the message, select Send.