Set the basics.
From the Blackboard Communication HQ interface menu, select Settings > Global Settings.
From the Global Settings you can configure:
- Links to your cafeteria and library balance systems.
- Passwords basics.
- Default language.
- Delivery times for messages.
- User authentication methods.
- Delivery preferences for messages.
- School term dates.
- Grade scale.
- Web interface style.
- Triggers for automated messages.
Manage global settings
- Type the cafeteria balance pay site web address in the Cafeteria Pay Link box.
You can create a link for parents of your school/district community to the cafeteria balance pay system. First you need to configure the pay site.
- Type the library balance site web address in the Library Link box.
You can create a link for students of your school/district community to the library system for when books are due and for paying any late fines. First you need to configure the library site.
- Select Admin App to log administrators out of the Blackboard Communications HQ after thirty (30) minutes of inactivity.
- Select Master Level Grades to mark class grades as scored by mastery levels.
- Type the minimum number of characters required for user Passwords.
- Select the Default Language for the messages.
- Select Compact System Messages to not include header and footer information during messages.
- Set the Delivery Blackout times for when messages will not be sent. Some districts set a blackout time when the system is being updated by the Student Information System (SIS).
- Select Save when finished.
Once you set the basics, you can configure additional global settings, including: