Welcome to Teacher Messaging!
The add-on to Blackboard Mass Notifications created just for teachers.
With grading assignments, preparing students for tests, and meeting academic standards, teachers are busy. Communication is key, but who has time to type up 20-60 messages out to parents and students? Definitely not teachers. The Teacher Messaging add-on is here to help.
Keep parents in the loop.
- Select from a list of pre-made messages! You can target an entire class or just select students.
- Messages cover a wide range of topics — Send pre-made messages about missing assignments, academic achievements, even sport events.
- Use drag-and-drop functionality — You can easily select different types of messages to send to each student.
- Contact recipients at their convenience — Messages will be sent to students and parents via email, text messages, and as notifications in the Blackboard Mobile Communications App.
- Not seeing a message you need? You can create your own messages or newsletters.
Federal Communications Commissions (FCC) issued new rules for the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) to address the growing number of marketing calls. The Blackboard Community Engagement solution follows TCPA regulations. Parents and students will be able to opt-out of non-emergency phone calls and text messages sent by the district or school.
Check out our TCPA Resources.