GradeQuick allows you to import test scores from a fixed column text file. To import the scores manually:
- Open the gradebook into which you wish to import the scores.
- Create a test column in your gradebook and enter the Name of the test and the Possible points for the test.
- Click in a cell in the test column for the assignment into which you want to import the scores.
- Click File > Import.
- Click the Import Scores by Name in the dialog if you want to import the scores from the text file using student names as the identifier. Select the Import Scores by ID to use the student ID as the identifier.
- Answer the questions about the length of the fields that you are importing in the dialog.
- On what line do the names (or IDs) begin?
- In what column do they start? (The column is determined by the number of characters you need to arrow or space from the left to get to the position where the data begins.)
- What is the maximum length of that column?
- In what column does the test score you wish to import begin? (The column is determined by the number of characters you need to arrow or space from the left to get to the position where the data begins.)
- How many columns are the scores in?
- If there are additional students on the import list that are not in the open class document, determine if you want these extra students’ scores imported. If you check Yes for Add students who are not in the class, scores for these students will be imported. The new name/ ID will be imported and name/ID will display ***NOT FOUND***
- As GradeQuick imports the scores, if a student already has a score for the given test, it will open a dialog box with the following choices:
- Replace the existing score for this student.
- Keep the existing score for this student.
- Replace ALL students’ old scores with scores from the import file.
- Keep ALL students’ scores that are already in this gradebook.
You can handle each imported score individually, or use the last two options to prevent the dialog box from opening each time there are different scores for the same student.