GradeQuick reports allow the user to customize in many ways. When reports are accessed from the Reports menu, a default layout is displayed. You can accept the layout or use the menus in the Print Preview to change the report to display what you want. By choosing from the menus, items can be added or removed from the layout. Once you are completely satisfied with your choices, you may save them. Or, you can change the report and print it and by not saving the report configuration, you can return to the original layout the next time you select it from the menu.
The Reports menu lists several student reports. Each of these reports can be adjusted to contain the same information. Each of them, however, has default selections that make them appear very different. In addition to different menu selections, the reports also show different fonts styles and colors.
Printing a Student Report
Description of the report
A report is shown below with areas designated as A, B, and C.
- Student name you have highlighted on the spreadsheet before accessing the Reports menu.
- If you have entered Class Information, the teacher name and subject appear.
- Overall grade information including total and maximum points, average and grade, overall statistics (rank) and tardy and absences.
- Grade scale.
- The list of assignments with dates, assigned category, scores and other statistics.
- Subtotals information for categories and terms.
- Missing work.
- Teacher comments.
- Dates the student was absent.
- Skill assessment.
Student Standard 1 report
- Click Reports >Student > Standard 1.
- Click Print > Print Report.
- Click OK to print the current student.
Print current student
Printing Reports for More Than One Student
Select specific students or all students
Print selected students
- In the Print Preview, click Students >Select Student.
- You may select individual students by clicking each in the list on the left.
- You can choose the Select All or Select None buttons on the right to select quickly all or none of the students.
- Click OK.
- In the Print Preview, you can view the other students you have chosen to print (if you selected more than one) by pressing Page Down on your keyboard. If the full report is not in view, use the scroll bar on the right to move from the top of the page to the bottom of the page. You can also resize the report by using options on the View menu.
- Click Print > Print Report.
- Click Print the Selected Students and then OK.
The student report is set up to display a great deal of information about the progress of the student. By listing all the assignments in the class, the student or his parents can review how the student is progressing in the subject. From time to time, a summary grade is required and a whole page or more of information for each student is not necessary. To condense the report, you must remove items from the report by accessing the menus and deselecting items.
1. In the Print Preview, you must eliminate some of the information on the report. Some examples of what you may want to eliminate:
a. Student menu
i. Click Students > Select Students.
1. You may select individual students by clicking each in the list on the left.
2. You can choose the Select All or Select None buttons on the right to select quickly all or none of the students.
Select student options
ii. Click Students > Student Info.
1. Missing Work – uncheck the Missing Work Options to remove this chart from the report.
2. Comments – uncheck Print Notes to Students to remove the teacher’s comment.
3. Leave Name, Final Average and Final Grade checked.
Student info options
iii. Click Students > Overall Statistics and uncheck Rank if you do not what this statistic to display on the report.
Student overall statistics options
iv. Click Students > Attendance and uncheck all the items in this dialog box if you do not want to display attendance information.
b. Tests menu.
i. Click Tests > Select Tests and Subtotals to condense the test and subtotal information if you want to reduce the list of tests or subtotals.
1. You may select the individual tests and subtotals by clicking each item in the list on the left.
2. You can choose the Select All or Select None buttons on the right to select quickly all or none of the particular test or subtotal columns.
3. In the lower right hand corner, you can choose tests by indicating a range of dates or, at least, a Start date. The Stop date is not necessary.
Test and subtotals options
ii. Click Tests > Test Info.
1. Test Names Key – Uncheck Print test names key to remove the list of tests that displays the long test name and the shorter name as a reference for the list of assignments.
2. Name – do not remove this check mark. This is the short name of the assignment.
Test info options
iii. Click Tests > Score Info.
1. Uncheck all statistics.
2. Check Assign test grades using current scale.
3. Check Print term grades to assign grades to each assignment or subtotal.
Score info options
c. Click Options and uncheck the following items:
i. Grade Scale.
ii. Report Memo.
iii. Every student on a new page – if more than one student is selected to print, multiple students will appear on each page if this is unchecked. The number of students that will appear on each page is determined by the amount of information you have chosen to print.
2. Click Print > Print Report. When the report is setup as indicated above, it will appear as shown below. The first screen shows a close up view and the second screen shows the full page with multiple students.
Multiple students on a page
Three student reports display or print on a page
3. Fitting more information or students on the page.
a. Click Options > Fonts.
b. Click each of the items in the dialog box, then Set Font.
Select one or more report areas to apply changes
c. In the Font dialog box, change the font to another style, color or size.
Four student reports display or print on a page
Printing a Single Term Report
Click Reports > Student > Single Term Only. The description for using the report is the same as in the earlier section Printing a Student Report except for the following:
- In the upper left corner of the report, the Final Grade and Average have been replaced with the name of the term and the term grade and average.
- The assignments and subtotals refer only to the chosen term. The assignments are selected by the term number indicated for each assignment in the spreadsheet.
Averages and grades for one term are reported with single term reports