You can check the spelling of memos in GradeQuick two ways. To check spelling in an open memo, choose Edit > Spell Check Memo in the memo notepad.
Choose spell check in the memo notepad
Or select Edit > Memos > Spell Check All Memos to check spelling for all memos.
Choose spell check from the menu
Spell Check will systematically review each memo and open a dialog box only if it finds an error. At the bottom of the dialog box, several lines of text will be displayed, with the misspelled word highlighted. The word will also be displayed in the Not in Dictionary text box at the top left of the dialog box. A suggested replacement will appear in the Change to text box.
Spell checking options
How to use the buttons in the dialog box to respond to the suggestions is described below:
- Ignore and Ignore All. Click the Ignore button if the highlighted word is spelled correctly but not in either the standard dictionary or your custom dictionary, if you have one and you want to ignore it. You may also choose Ignore All if the spell checker will encounter this word again in other memos and you do not want to be prompted again for a correct spelling.
- Add. If the word is not in the dictionary, you may choose to add it to your own custom dictionary so that it will not be highlighted in the future as a misspelled word. Be sure you have spelled the word correctly before adding it to your custom dictionary.
- Change and Change All. If the word is misspelled, a suggestion will be made in the Change To text box. If the suggestion does not present the word you intended, you may choose another word from the list at the right of the dialog box or you may make a change in the text box. If the spell checker has no suggestions because it could not determine what word you intended, the highlighted word itself will be in the Change To text box. Just click the word you desire to use from the list on the right and the word in the Change To text box will change to your selection. You can also change the spelling yourself in the Change To text box, and then click the Change button to change the highlighted word in your memo to the new word. You may also choose Change All if the spell checker will again encounter this word in other memos and you want to change it everywhere at once without being prompted for a correct spelling.
- Suggest. If you are not sure how a word is spelled, click the Suggest button to let the spell checker again suggest words. Click a word in the list to select it and then click the Change button to enter the word.
- Phoneme. If you are not sure how a word is spelled, click the Phoneme button to let the spell checker make phonetic suggestions. Click a word in the list and then click the Change button to select the word.
- Cancel. The dialog box will close when all memos have been checked. If you want to leave the spell checking process before it is complete, you may choose the Cancel button.