Standards can be added to classes in a number of ways. Your EGP Web administrator may set up standards to be automatically available. You can obtain standards via plug-in files, copy standards from class to class, sort them and delete them. This section explains how to perform these tasks.
Receiving Standards from your Administrator:
Please contact your EGP Web administrator to see if this is a viable option for your school.
To obtain standards from plug-in files:
If your EGP Web administrator has saved standard plug-ins, they can be imported into your class(es). To import the standards from a plug-in file into a class, choose Records from the Chart menu, click the Standards tab, press on the small blue arrow next to the Standard ID field and choose the desired set from the menu that appears. It is possible to import standards from multiple plug-in files into a single class; Easy Grade Pro will filter out any standards with IDs already present in the class.
To copy standards from one class to others:
- Choose Copy->Standards from the Tool menu.
- In the upper-left list, select the class to copy from.
- In the lower-left list, select the class(es) to copy to. Be sure that you don’t select the class that is selected in the upper list.
- Select the standards you wish to copy in the list on the right. Use the blue arrow button to select or deselect all list items. Hold down the Ctrl (Windows), Command (Macintosh) or shift key to select multiple items.
- Check all of your settings to ensure that you are copying the right standards to the right classes.
- Click the Copy button.
To change a standard’s text, grading option or other record data:
Open the standard’s record by double-clicking on the standard’s name in the standard chart. Edit the name or other data. Click Done. If you change the level of a standard, Easy Grade Pro will automatically re-sort your standards by level.
To change the order of your standards, do one of the following:
Note: If you have standards at multiple levels, Easy Grade Pro will enforce a level-order to your standards.
- Press on a standard’s text in the 1-Student view of the Standard’s chart and drag to the new location.
- Choose Sort Standards from the View menu.
To delete one or more standards:
Note: If you have standards at multiple levels, you cannot delete a standard that has standards linked to it unless you delete the linked standards as well.
- Choose Delete->Standard from the Tool menu.
- Select the standards you wish to delete from the list. Use the blue arrow button to select or deselect all list items. Hold down the Ctrl (Windows), Command (Macintosh) or shift key to select multiple items.
- Click the Delete button.