If you need to import data from your school’s student information system (SIS), please contact your EGPWeb administrator.
Importing is used to bring copy options, scores, and more from other sources. You can import from Easy Grade Pro gradebooks and text files.
How to Import
- Select Import from the File menu or use the Import tool to open the Import window.
- Select a format, click Next. The formats include:
- Import from a prior Semester (web). Use this format to copy data from a prior EGP Web gradebook. Windows will appear allowing you to select the prior-semester class and the data to import.
- Import from an EGPGradebook. Use this format to copy data from another Easy Grade Pro gradebook. The Import Gradebook window will appear where you can select the items to be imported.
- “Easy Import” of Scores. Use this format to import scores from most tab-separated or comma separated text files. The records may be in any order as long as each contains a score and an ID number (or student name) to be used for matching. The Easy Import window will open where you must identify the score and the ID number (or student name) fields.
- “Easy Import” of Standards. Use this format to import standards from most tab-separated or comma separated text files. The records may be in any order as long as each contains a standard ID and standard text. The Easy Import window will open where you must identify the these fields.
- Import Summary Comments. Use this format to import a list of summary comments from a text file. The file must have comments only. This will replace the list in the Student Comments view of the Summaries window.
- For some formats, the Import Preview window will appear so that you can verify the data and select the records to be imported.
Be sure to check that the data in the columns properly match the column titles. If they match, click the Import Selected Records button.