The Grade Scales option allows you to select the scale you want to use for your gradebook, where it could be an alphabetical scale (A-F), numeric scale (1-4), Pass/Fail scale, or any scale you wish to use. Your school may have already created different grading scales for you to choose, or you may have the capability of creating your own grading scale.
How to Set Grade Scales
- On the Settings page, click Grade Scales from the list of Grading options to access the scale settings.
- Select the Scale number from the list available in the Grading Scales area.
- Click Add Grade to create a new grade.
- Type the letter or grade in the Grade box.
- Type the minimum value to achieve that grade in the Score box.
When creating grade scales, avoid any duplicate values and ensure the first three characters of each grade in the scale are unique symbols (example, Very Good and Very Bad will cause an error because the first three characters are the same). The last score in any grade scale should be set to zero (0).
- Click OK.
Continue until you have entered all the possible grades available in the grade scale.
How to Change the Name of the Grade Scale
- Click Edit Scale Name next to the grade scale name.
- Enter the new title for the scale in the Name box.
- Click OK when finished.
How to Change a Grade
- To edit the grade, double-click in the Grade box in the table row and type the change.
- Double-click the Minimum Average box to change the value of the grade.
- Click Save when finished.
How to Delete a Grade
You can delete any grade, even if it is used in gradebook. The grade will no longer be used in the Grade columns in the gradebook, and a different grade will be assigned to the average.
- To remove a grade, highlight the row of the grade in the Grading Scales table, and click the Delete icon that appears in the Minimum Average box.
- Click Savewhen finished.