The Combined Calendar feature in Edline enables you to view all of your class events, assignment due dates, test dates, sports events, club meetings, and general school activities on a single, personalized calendar. It can act as your To-Do List. For students, this feature is a great way to track all your academic and extra-curricular activities. For parents, this feature helps you keep tabs on all of your children’s scholastic and extra-curricular activities. Teachers, counselors, coaches, and other school or district administrators can monitor meetings, general school events, and their class schedules all from their own Combined Calendar.
If homework, assignments, or other documents are listed in a calendar, you can click on the calendar link to view the actual content.
How to Open the Combined Calendar
- From the My Edline menu, under My Content, select Combined Calendar.
Click on any event to view the details.
To print the calendar, click the Print-Friendly View link to open the calendar in a print view, and then click Print.
How to View Other Months or Weeks in the Calendar
When you open the calendar, the current month automatically appears. You can change the view to display the current week’s information, or to display another month or week in the calendar.
- To view monthly data, select Monthly from the View list.
- To view weekly data, select Weekly from the View list.
- To view previous events, click the Previous arrow to view last month’s or last week’s information. If the View list is set to Monthly, the system displays the previous month. If the View list is set to Weekly, the system displays the previous week.
- To view next calendar events, click the Next arrow to view next month’s or next week’s information. If the View list is set to Monthly, the system displays the next month. If the View list is set to Weekly, the system display’s the next week.
- To view the current calendar, click the Current Month or Current Week link. If the View list is set to Monthly, the Current Month link is available. If the View list is set to Weekly, the Current Week link is available.
How to Highlight Events on the Calendar
From the full-calendar view, you can highlight specific types of events on the calendar. Use this feature to highlight things like assignments, test dates, or anything you would like to track on the calendar.
- Select the event category to highlight from the Highlight list. Types of events can include Tests, Assignments, News, and Uncategorized Events (school personnel can create event categories by creating new folders). Only events under the selected category will be highlighted.