For any districts or schools using Blackboard Connect 5 as their notification system for emergency and community communications, the integration between Connect 5 and Edline will allow you to transfer the information you need without having to sign-on to separate programs. You can also choose to send all staff member emails and phone numbers available in Edline to Connect 5 on a nightly basis using a scheduled automated data transfer. Plus, if you prefer instead to enable the Connect Access Portal for parents, the phone and text fields in Edline will no longer be available to parents to keep the information solely in Connect 5.
Depending on your district’s or school’s needs, you can setup the single sign-on connection in Edline so that end users (your school system administrators) can access Blackboard’s Connect 5 through the Hall Pass feature, or through the Links box on the Edline website.
How to Access Connect 5 through My Hall Pass
- From the My Edline menu, select My Hall Pass available under the My Account section.
- From the Teaching/Learning Tools tab, select Blackboard Connect.
- Type your Blackboard Connect Username and Password.
- Click Save.
- Click Go for the Blackboard Connect product.
The system will launch the Blackboard Connect 5 web application in a new tab.
Now, any time you want to access Blackboard Connect 5, you can open My Hall Pass and click Go for Blackboard Connect.
How to Access Connect 5 through Link
If the district sets up a link to Connect 5, the school super user will be able to access the link.
- Click the Blackboard Connect link available from the school’s homepage.
The first time a warning appears requesting you to enter the login information.
- Click OK.
- On the My Hall Pass page, type your Blackboard Connect Username and Password.
- Click Save.
- Click on the link from the homepage again to start the Connect 5 application.
The next time you need to access Connect 5, you will be able to just click the link.