When the district or school super user uploads the classes to Edline, the list of all the classes will be available under the Home button in the menu bar. From the Class List page, you will be able to determine when a class was last updated, change the visibility of classes, assign the scheduling period for classes, and change the status of classes.
- From the menu bar hover over the Home button, and then select Classes to open the Class List page.
How to Monitor Updates to Classes
To monitor when teachers are updating their class pages, you can display the Class List page ordered by the last modified date. Edline determines the modified date by tracking all the changes made to class pages. These changes include the posting of new gradebook reports, adding assignments, adding news items, and adding calendar events.
- From the Class List page, click the Modified column link. The system resorts the class list by the most recent change dates.
Watch a Tutorial
How to Manually Add a Class
New classes are usually added automatically to Edline in the regular data upload process used at your school. There may be times when you need to manually create a class not listed in your Student Information System (SIS). If you need to add one or two classes, complete the following instructions on the Class List page.
Any manually added class might be removed during the upload of classes the next year. Be sure your SIS is updated with any new classes.
- From the drop-down list to add content on the Class List page, select Class and click Add.
- Type the name of the class in the Class Name box.
- Type the identification for the class in the Class ID box.
- Click Save and Return.
As a super user for a district or school, you can change the visibility of several classes at once. This feature is helpful when you want to restrict the visibility of multiple subject pages for elementary classes.
Watch a Tutorial
- From the Class List page, select the classes where you want to change the visibility.
- Click Change Visibility to access the Resource Visibility page.
- Change the Basic Visibility Options by completing one of the following steps:
- Select Public to allow anyone to view the page.
- Select Limited to select the types of users who can view the class page. From the drop-down selection, choose whether those users are limited to your particular class, school, or district. Select (check) the types of users who can view the page. These users will be required to log into sign into Edline before viewing the page.
- Click Update.
How to Assign the Scheduling Period for a Class
Edline allows the school super user to update the scheduling period for a class. This feature only applies to schools using an Edline gradebook product (GradeQuick Web or Easy Grade Pro Web). Use this feature when you need to change classes to year-long periods or semester periods.
Only the person uploading users and classes for your school should set the scheduling period.
- From the Class List page, select the classes where you want to change the scheduling period.
- In the Manage Selected Items area, select the scheduling period from the list.
- Click Assign Scheduling Period for Selected Classes to update the classes.
How to Change the Status of a Class
To assist schools using several scheduling periods within a single semester, the Class List page allows the super user to update the status of a class. This feature only applies to schools using an Edline gradebook product (GradeQuick Web or Easy Grade Pro Web).
- From the Class List page, select the classes where you want to change the status.
- In the Manage Class Status area, click one of the status buttons. (This feature only works for classes in the currently active period.)
- Click Mark Inactive to set a class as inactive.
- Click Mark Active to set the class as active.
- Click Mark OMITTED Classes as Inactive to mark classes that were omitted during the upload as inactive.
- Click Reset INACTIVE to ACTIVE to set all inactive classes back to the active status.