By default only district or school super users have design permissions, but this permission can be changed by the super user. You can assign specific individuals permissions to change any page on the site, or you can allow teachers, coaches, and other school personnel to change the design properties of their own group webpages.
If you want to provide most of the class and group pages with a design that is consistent, and you want to provide teachers and group super users the permission to change their design, you should set default designs first to guarantee the designs will take effect properly. Then provide design permissions for your teachers, coaches, and other group leaders to allow them to change the design. If teachers have already changed their webpage design before you set a default design for classes, only areas not changed by the teacher will inherit your default design so that their work is not overwritten.
How to Allow Teachers and Other School Staff to Update Design Properties
To globally allow all group or class super users to update the design properties of their teacher (class), sport, or activity webpages, the super user can change the appropriate policy at the school level.
- From the menu bar on the school site, select Tools and then Manage District or Manage School to access the Modify School or Modify District page.
- Click District or School Policies to access the District or School Policies page.
- Select Yes to Allow classes and other groups to manage design of their homepage to allow school level users (such as teachers and coaches) to manage the design of their group webpages.
- Click Update to save the changes.
Rather than providing all teachers with design permissions, you can allow only a few teachers to change their webpages designs by setting permissions for those users on an individual basis. You can also provide specific individuals (such as webmasters) design permissions to edit school-wide designs or specific pages without giving them other super user permissions. To learn more, see Set School Level Permissions.
How to Prevent School Super Users from Updating Design Properties
District super users can lock down the designs to prevent the school super users from updating the design of the website. The default district policy to allow schools to update design is set to Yes to allow schools to update design. District super users can change this policy.
- From the menu bar on the district site, select Tools and then Manage District to access the Modify District page.
- From the District Management area, click District Policies to access the District Policies page.
- Select No to Allow schools to use manage design for their pages and No to Allow classes and other groups to manage design of their homepage to prohibit changes from the school-level.