You can design the layout of your webpage by determining how many sections and columns will be available. The Edline default for class and group pages is three columns, with the middle column being the widest. The folder page default is two columns with the right column being the widest. The default for a document page is single column. The total width of each page equals 700 pixels. You can change your page columns if you do not want the default Edline layout for your home page or sub-page designs.
Do NOT set the layout or number of columns in your default All Pages design. The All Pages design should only have properties shared by all pages, and since different page types (folders, classes, documents, other groups) have different layouts and columns, this configuration should not be set in the default design for All Pages.
- If you want your homepage different from the other group pages you must set the layout and number of columns in your homepage design in the Current Page tab.
- You can also set them for your page types if you want to override the Edline defaults. For example, if you want your class pages to be two columns instead of the default three columns, you can make another default design applied only to classes and set it for the two-column layout.
When setting your columns, both the number of columns and their widths are customizable. All layouts contain a Header section and the Body section, and all Body sections contain a Top, Middle, and Bottom section.
How to Set the Layout
- Select view to open the Design Properties dialog.
- Select the Special Options tab to view the options for the Page.
- Set the number of columns in the Page Layout box by completing one of the following steps:
- Select 1-Column to create a one column body design for your page. In this layout the top, middle and bottom each contain one column in the center of the page.
- Select 2-Column to create a single column for the top and bottom section and a two column middle section for your page. The default width displays the left column as a third of the page width, and the second column as two thirds of the page width. You can change the width of any column.
- Select 3-Column to create a single column for the top and bottom section and a three column middle section for your page, where the second column is the widest on the page. You can change the width of any column.
- Select 1-2-3-1 to split the body section of the website so the top section contains one column, followed by a column split in two, then the middle section contains three columns, and the bottom section contains one column.
- Select 2-1-3-1 to split the body section of the website so the top section contains two columns, followed by one wide column, then the middle section contains three columns, and the bottom section contains one column.
- Select 2-3-1 to split the body section of the website so the top section contains two columns, the middle section contains three columns, and the bottom section contains one column.