You can add a clickable image to a document or to your webpage that will link users to another web page. With a clickable image, when the user moves their mouse over the image, text will appear with instructions. When the user clicks on the image, it will open another webpage.
How to Add a Clickable Image
- Add the image.
Before making an image “clickable,” you must add the image to either a document or webpage. Start by following the instructions in the Add Images to a Document topic to add an image to a document, or complete the instructions in the Add Images to Your Webpage topic to add an image directly on your webpage. After the image is in the document or on the webpage, continue.
- From the Document page or the webpage, click Edit This Page from the menu bar.
- Click on the image in the text box, then click your right-mouse button and select the Insert/Edit Link icon. The Insert/Edit Link dialog appears.
- Type or paste the link for the image in the Link URL box for an external website link, or search for an internal link on your Edline website by clicking the Browse () icon.
When a user clicks on the image, the webpage listed in this box will open.
- Select whether the link will open in a new window or in the same window from the Target box.
- Type the name of the link in the Title box.
Add instructions in this box to appear to the user when they move on the image.
- Click Insert to create the clickable image.
- Click Save to add the clickable image.
- Click Done to exit the edit mode.