You can change a user’s account information by updating the email address, changing their permissions, replacing their activation code or password, and updating the linked parent accounts for students. Only a super user will be able to change a user account.
How to Change User Accounts
Watch a Tutorial
- From the menu bar on the homepage, select Tools, and then Manage Users to open the User List page.
- Search or filter the Manage Users List page for the specific users to change.
- From the User List page, click on the name of the user to update.
- Click Edit to access the Modify User page.
- Update the User Information by completing the following steps:
- On the Modify User page, update the user’s name in the First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name fields.
- For a student or teacher, update the Student Information System (SIS) details in the Admin System ID and Grade Level boxes.
Changing a user’s Admin System ID is not recommended unless you are absolutely certain that their ID is changing in the Student Information System (SIS) or data upload files.
- To update the user’s email address or phone number, click Manage Contact Info to access the Manage Account page.
- To hide a staff member’s profile from the Staff Directory feature, select Hide from Directory.
This option is only available for teachers and other staff members.
- Click Update User to save the changes.
- To clear any changes you made, click Reset User Info.
- Click Change Permissions to update the user’s school-wide permissions in Edline.
(To learn more, see Permissions and Policies.)
- To reset the user’s Edline activation code, click Replace Code.
You can also print the activation code by clicking Print Code.
- To change a user’s screen name or password after they have been activated, click Change Screen Name or Change Password. (To learn more, see Reset a User’s Password.)
- All student accounts are automatically linked to a parent account. You can add additional links from one Edline account to another by completing one of the following steps:
- To add another parent, guardian, or school advisor to a student, click Add Parent/Advisor Link and complete the instructions in the Add Another Parent to a Student topic. The parent, guardian, or school advisor will be able to access the viewing privileges of the student.
- To add a student to a parent, guardian, or school advisor, click Add Student Link and complete the instructions in the Add a Student to a Parent or School Advisor topic. The parent, guardian, or school advisor will be able to access the viewing privileges of the student.
- To remove a parent, guardian, or advisor from a student, select the name of the user to remove, and then click Remove Checked.
- Click Done to save the changes.