The Crop Image feature allows super users, teachers, and other school staff with permissions to add images to edit the picture to focus purely on a specific section of the image. The Crop Image feature is available in different areas of an Edline website, including:
- The Modify District/School Page
- The Modify Group (Class, Sport, Activity) Page
- The Manage Login Page
- The Modify Document Page
How to Crop an Image
After selecting an image in either a document, the district/school homepage, or for the login picture, complete the following steps.
- Click the Crop Image button or icon to access the Crop Image dialog.
For documents, you must click on the image in the text area first, and then click the icon.
- Select the area of the picture where you want to focus.
The Width and Height will display the size of the cropped picture.
For the district/school page image and the sign-in image, the picture will be zoomed in (enlarged) or zoomed out (smaller) to fit the size set for the area. If your school sets the design so that the school image must be 300 x 300, the image (whether or not it’s been cropped) will be set to 300 x 300.
- When you have the boxed area over the section of the picture you want to crop, click the Save button.