You can add a document with a table, allowing for neatly organized information to appear on your webpages in a table format.
How to Add a Table to a Document
- Open the webpage or folder where you want to add a table to a document.
- From the Edline menu bar, click Edit This Page to access the edit mode.
- Hover over the section where you want to add a document with a table, and click the Add an item to this box icon.
- Select Document Page from the Add Item Type pallet.
- Type the name of the document in the Document Page Title box.
- Click Create Now for the Document page.
- Click in the text box to access the Formatting toolbar.
- Click the Table icon to add a table by completing the following steps:
- In the General tab, type the number of columns and rows in the Cols and Rows boxes.
- Type the spacing for the text and table cells in the Cellpadding and Cellspacing boxes.
- Select how the text is aligned in the table from the Alignment box.
- Type the width of the border in the Border box.
- Type the size of the table in the Width and Height boxes.
- Select the type of table from the Class box.
- Check Table caption to add a name to the table.
- Click Insert.
- Type your text into the table.
You can also use your right-mouse button while typing text to update the table’s border styles and colors, insert and delete rows, and insert or delete columns.
- Click Save to add the document with the table.
- Click Done to exit the edit mode.