This feature is only available to super users at the district or school level.
If your district or school uses Microsoft Outlook to plan events, you can export the data from Outlook and import the information into Edline for use in the calendar.
How to Export Data from Outlook
The following steps briefly describe how to export data from Outlook. Review the Microsoft Outlook online help for more details.
Other third-party calendar software packages support exports to the Microsoft Outlook format. Use your software to export to the Outlook format, then you can import that file into Edline. If that feature is not available, Outlook has many import filters you can use to import your calendar into Outlook. After your calendar is in Outlook, you can then export to Edline.
- From the Outlook Tools menu, select Import and Export.
- Select Export to a file, and click Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows), and click Next.
There is a Comma Separated Values (DOS) format which is NOT correct.
- Select Calendar and click Next.
- Save the file to your location of choice, and click Next.
- Select Export “Appointments” from folder: Calendar.
- Click Map Custom Fields.
- Click Default Map, and click OK.
- Click Finish.
- Select the date range to export, and click OK.
Your information will be exported to a CSV file, ready for importing into Edline. For example, if you named the file SchoolCalendar it will be saved as SchoolCalendar.csv.
How to Import the Outlook Calendar Data to Edline
- Open the webpage or folder for the calendar where you want to import the Outlook calendar data.
- From the menu bar on the homepage in Edline, select Tools, and then Quick Sync to access the Quick Sync page.
- Click Browse to find the upload file in the File to Upload box.
- Select the Type of Data to include by completing one of the following steps:
- Select Outlook Calendar Upload to include the date, title, and description of the event.
- Select Outlook Calendar Upload with times and locations to include the date, title, description, location, and time of the event. This information will be added to the correct fields in your Edline calendar.
- Click Sync to upload the data and display results.