District super users can send a mass email to all the users available at their district (such as all teachers throughout your district), or to users at specific schools (such as all staff members, students, and parents at one of your district high schools).
Edline also offers other notification packages. The instructions to sending emails may be slightly different for your school than the content in the following steps.
How to Send a District-Wide Email Message
- From the menu bar on the district website, select Tools and then under Communication, select District Broadcast to open the Send Message to Group page.
- In the Select Contact Methods area, select the type of message to send by completing the following steps (options depend on which message system your district has):
- Select Email to contact users via an email message.
- In the Select Schools area, select the schools that will receive the message.
- To send messages to individual schools, click the name of the school in the Available Schools box and click the Add Selection button.
- To send a message to all schools in the district, click Add All.
- Select the types of users who will receive the message in the Select Users area.
You can limit the types of users further by entering a specific Grade Level for the users to include. For example, if you type 2 for all the second graders, the only students, parents, and teachers that will receive the message will be those associated to the second grade.
- Click Compose Message to access the Compose Message page.
- Set the Message Delivery Options by completing the following steps (options depend on which message system your district has available):
- Select Allow email replies to be sent to me at and type your email address. Clear this option to not receive email replies.
- Select Send me a copy of the email at the email address shown above to receive a copy of your message. Clear this option to not receive a copy.
- Type your message in the Compose Email area by completing the following steps:
- Type additional user names in the To box. (Optional)
- Type your name in the From box.
- Type a title for the message in the Subject box.
- Type the details in the Message box.
- Click Send the Message.
While you cannot send an attachment via an email (due to Junk email settings), you can create a document, and add a link to it within your email. To learn more, see Documents.