School personnel with proper permissions will be able to create a mass email to all the users available at their school.
Edline also offers other notification packages. The instructions to sending emails may be slightly different for your school than the content in the following steps.
How to Send a School-Wide Email Message
School super users can send a message to all or several members of their school.
- From the menu bar, select Tools and then under Communications, select Send Messages to open the User List page.
- Select the users who will receive the message.
You can also search for a specific user using the Search fields.
- Select the Message option from the menu bar to select the type of message to send.
- The Email option is automatically selected. Clear this field to not send an email.
- Click Next to access the for the Compose Message page.
You can send messages only to users with an email address or phone number entered in Edline. The Email Recipient Summary section lists the number of users who will and will not be sent the message. Click Who? to view the list of users.
- Set the Message Delivery Options by completing the following steps:
- Select Allow email replies to be sent to me at and type your email address. Clear this option to not receive email replies.
- Select Send me a copy of the email at the email address shown above to receive a copy of your message. Clear this option to not receive a copy.
- Type your message in the Compose Message area by completing the following steps:
- Type additional user names in the To box. (Optional)
- Type your name in the From box. (Optional)
- Type a title for the message in the Subject box.
- Type the details in the Message box.
- Click Send the Message.
While you cannot send an attachment via an email (due to Junk email settings), you can create a document, and add a link to it within your email. To learn more, see Documents.