The super user can view the course descriptions from the Manage Course Requests page, after a catalog has been uploaded to the Edline website. School staff configured as course requesters or course recommenders will also be able to view the course descriptions while editing a student’s course request on the Course Request page. This feature will allow you to double-check the descriptions of the classes available to students. Descriptions are only available if your school has posted course descriptions with the catalog.
The Course Request feature is an Edline add-on feature. Your district or school’s IT representative will need to contact Edline Support to see if adding this feature is possible with your Student Information System (SIS).
How to View a Course Catalog or a Description of a Course
- From the menu bar on the homepage, select Tools, and then Manage Course Requests to access the Manage Course Requests page.
- From the Manage Course Requests page, click View Course Catalog to access the Course Request page.
You can also click the Enable or Edit Course Requests button to open the User List where you can select (check) the student(s), and then click Edit Course Requests to access the Course Request page.
- Select the name of the course you want to learn about from the Full Course Catalog, School Recommendations, or Request Courses section.
- Click Description for the Course Description dialog.
This feature is only available if a description exists.
- Click Close when finished.
You can also click Print for a printed copy of the description.