Many districts and schools use Atomic Learning as an online teaching and training tool. If your district uses Atomic Learning, you can now create a single sign-on to access Atomic Learning through your Edline website. By setting up the single sign-on connection, administrators, teachers, other school staff, and students will be able to access Atomic Learning directly through the Edline website without having to constantly re-enter their login credentials while moving between the two applications.
Before teachers, students, super users, and other staff members of your school website can access Atomic Learning through the Edline website, the district Hall Pass feature must first be setup by the district super user. For any third-party tool to be available to your end-users through the My Hall Pass feature, it must first be enabled at the district-level.
How to Create a Connection to Atomic Learning
- Login as the district super user in at the district website in Edline.
- Select District Hall Pass from the Tools menu.
- From the Teaching/Learning tab, click on the Atomic Learning product.
- Click Activate.
- Type the Login URL information.
- Type the Shared Username used by your district to allow users access to Atomic Learning.
- Type the Shared Password used by your district to allow users access to Atomic Learning.
- Click Save to save the credentials.
- Click Done when finished.
- Log out of Edline and then sign back in for changes to take effect.
Once you activate the website, your school users (administrators, teachers, students, or other school staff) will be able to use the My Hall Pass option available in the My Edline menu.
How to Create a Link to Atomic Learning
To create an automatic sign-on to Atomic Learning from a school’s homepage in Edline, you will need to setup a link. District super users can create the link from the Links box on the district homepage and multi-post the link to the specific schools.
- On the district homepage, hover over the Links box click the Add Item icon.
If you do not have the Links box available on the homepage, click the View Page As icon from your toolbar to open the Resource List page. Select Link from the drop-down and click the Add button.
- Type Atomic Learning as the Title and click Create Now.
- In the Link URL box, type the tag for the Atomic Learning application, including the brackets and lowercase letters:
- Select View Link In a New Window When Clicked.
- In the Multiple Posting area, add the schools that will have the link.
- Click Save and Return.
The Links box will contain your new Atomic Learning link on all the selected school websites.