Many districts and schools use Discovery Education as an online teaching tool. If your district uses Discovery Education, you can now create a single sign-on to access Discovery Education through your Edline website. By setting up the single sign-on connection, administrators, teachers, and other school staff will be able to access Discovery Education directly through the Edline website without having to constantly re-enter their login credentials while moving between the two applications.
Before teachers, super users, and other staff members of your school website can access Discovery Education through the Edline website, the district Hall Pass feature must first be setup by the district super user. For any third-party tool to be available to your end-users through the My Hall Pass feature, it must first be enabled at the district-level.
How to Create a Hall Pass Connection to Discovery Education
- Login as the district super user for the district website in Edline.
- Select District Hall Pass from the Tools menu.
- From the Teaching/Learning tab, click the Discovery Education product.
- Click Activate.
- Click Save to save the activation.
- Click Done when finished.
- Log out of Edline and then sign back in for changes to take effect.
Once you activate the website, your school users (administrators, teachers, or other school staff) will be able to use the My Hall Pass option available in the My Edline menu.
How to Create a Link to Discovery Education
To create an automatic sign-on to Discovery Education from a school’s homepage in Edline, you will need to setup a link. District super users can create the link from the Links box on the district homepage and multi-post the link to the specific schools.
- On the district homepage, hover over the Links box click the Add Item icon.
If you do not have the Links box available on the home page, click the View Page As icon from your toolbar to open the Resource List page. Select Link from the drop-down and click the Add button.
- Type Discovery Education as the Title and click Create Now.
- In the Link URL box, type the tag for the Discovery Education application, including the brackets and lowercase letters:
- Select View Link In a New Window When Clicked.
- In the Multiple Posting area, add the schools that will have the link.
- Click Save and Return.
The Links box will contain your new Discovery Education link on all the selected schools.