For any districts or schools using eSchoolPlus to allow students and parents access to their grades, assignments, attendance, and discipline information, the integration between eSchoolPlus and Edline will allow students and parents to view the information without having to sign-on to separate programs. The single sign-on will allow students and parents to access eSchoolPlus directly through the school’s Edline website.
Before students and parents can access eSchoolPlus through the Edline website, the district Hall Pass feature must first be setup by the district super user. For any third-party tool to be available to your end-users through the My Hall Pass feature, it must first be enabled at the district-level.
How to Create a Hall Pass Connection to eSchoolPlus
- Login as the district super user in the district website.
- Select District Hall Pass from the Tools menu.
- From the SIS tab, click on the eSchoolPlus Home Access Center product.
- Click Activate. Additional fields appear requesting the information for eSchoolPlus.
- Type the Login URL information.
- Click Save to save the credentials.
- Click Done when finished.
- Logout of Edline to refresh the setup.
Once you activate the website, your school student and parent users will be able to use the My Hall Pass option available in the My Edline menu.
How to Create a Link to eSchoolPlus
To create an automatic sign-on to eSchoolPlus from a school’s homepage in Edline, you will need to setup a link. District super users can create the link from the Links box on the district homepage and multi-post the link to the specific schools.
- On the district homepage, hover over the Links box click the Add Item icon.
If you do not have the Links box available on the homepage, click the View Page As icon from your toolbar to open the Resource List page. Select Link from the drop-down and click the Add button.
- Type eSchoolPlus as the Title and click Create Now.
- In the Link URL box, type the tag for the eSchoolPlus application, including the brackets and lowercase letters:
- Select View Link In a New Window When Clicked.
- In the Multiple Posting area, add the schools that will have the link.
- Click Save and Return.
The Links box will contain your new eSchoolPlus link on all the selected schools.