For any districts or schools using Infinite Campus as their Student Information System (SIS), the integration between Infinite Campus Admin and Edline will allow you to access the Infinite Campus information you need without having to sign-on to separate programs. The single sign-on will allow super users (administrators), teachers, and other staff members to access Infinite Campus Admin directly through the school’s Edline website.
Before teachers, super users, and other staff members of your school website can access Infinite Campus Admin through the Edline website, the district Hall Pass feature must first be setup by the district super user. For any third-party tool to be available to your end-users through the My Hall Pass feature, it must first be enabled at the district-level.
How to Create a Hall Pass Connection to Infinite Campus Admin
- The district super user must be logged in at the district website in Edline.
- Select District Hall Pass from the Tools menu.
- From the SIS tab, click on the Infinite Campus product on the left side of the page.
- Click Activate. Additional boxes appear requesting the information for Infinite Campus Admin.
- Type the Login URL information. Type the domain name that your district uses to log into Infinite Campus. Do NOT type the entire URL.
- Type your district identifier in the District Identifier box.
For example: If the URL for logging into Infinite Campus is https://campus.myschool.edu/campus/MyDistrictName.jsp, then the login URL is https://campus.myschool.edu, and the identifier is MyDistrictName.
- Click Save to save the credentials.
- Click Done when finished.
After you activate the website, your school users (administrators, teachers, or other school staff) will be able to use the My Hall Pass option available in the My Edline menu.
How to Create a Link to Infinite Campus Admin
To create an automatic sign-on to Infinite Campus Admin from a school’s homeage in Edline, you will need to setup a link. District super users can create the link from the Links box on the district homepage and multi-post the link to the specific schools.
- On the district homepage, hover over the Links box click the Add Item icon.
If you do not have the Links box available on the home page, click the View Page As icon from your toolbar to open the Resource List page. Select Link from the drop-down and click the Add button.
- Type Infinite Campus Admin as the Title and click Create Now.
- In the Link URL box, type the tag for the Infinite Campus application, including the brackets and lowercase letters:
- Select View Link In a New Window When Clicked.
- In the Multiple Posting area, add the schools that will have the link.
- Click Save and Return.
The Links box will contain your new Infinite Campus Admin link on all the selected schools.