Many districts and schools use PowerSchool (by Pearson School Systems) as a education management portal for parents and students. If your district uses PowerSchool, you can now create a single sign-on to access PowerSchool through your Edline website. By setting up the single sign-on connection, parents and students will be able to access PowerSchool directly through the Edline website without having to constantly re-enter their login credentials while moving between the two applications.
Before parents and students can access PowerSchool through the Edline website, the district Hall Pass feature must first be setup by the district super user. For any third-party tool to be available to your end-users through the My Hall Pass feature, if must first be enabled at the district-level.
How to Create a Hall Pass Connection to PowerSchool
- Login as the district super user at the district website in Edline.
- Select District Hall Pass from the Tools menu.
- From the SIS tab, click PowerSchool Parent/Student.
- Click Activate. Additional boxes appear requesting the specific activation information for PowerSchool.
- Type the domain for PowerSchool’s login page in the Domain of PowerSchool Login Page box.
- Click Save to save the credentials.
- Click Done when finished.
- Log out of Edline and then sign back in for changes to take effect.
After you activate the website, your school parent and student users will be able to use the My Hall Pass option available in the My Edline menu.
How to Create a Link to PowerSchool
To create an automatic sign-on to PowerSchool from a school’s homepage in Edline, you will need to setup a link. District super users can create the link from the Links box on the district homepage and multi-post the link to the specific schools.
- On the district homepage, hover over the Links box click the Add Item icon.
If you do not have the Links box available on the home page, click the View Page As icon from your toolbar to open the Resource List page. Select Link from the drop-down and click the Add button.
- Type PowerSchool Parent/Student as the Title and click Create Now.
- In the Link URL box, type the tag for the PowerSchool application, including the brackets and lowercase letters:
- Select View Link In a New Window When Clicked.
- In the Multiple Posting area, add the schools that will have the link.
- Click Save and Return.
The Links box will contain your new PowerSchool Parent/Student link on all the selected schools.