Many districts and schools use Study Island (by Edmentum) as an online learning tool for 24-hour access to interactive tests. If your district uses Study Island, you can now create a single sign-on to access Study Island through your Edline website. By setting up the single sign-on connection, students and staff will be able to access Study Island directly through the Edline website without having to constantly re-enter their login credentials while moving between the two applications.
Before students and staff can access Study Island through the Edline website, the district Hall Pass feature must first be setup by the district super user. For any third-party tool to be available to your end-users through the My Hall Pass feature, it must first be enabled at the district-level.
After creating the connection, the first time your school users access Study Island, they will need to supply their user name and password.
How to Create a Hall Pass Connection to Study Island
- Login as the district super user for the district website in Edline.
- Select District Hall Pass from the Tools menu.
- From the Teaching/Learning tab, click the Study Island product.
- Click Activate.
- Click Save to save the activation.
- Click Done when finished.
- Log out of Edline and then sign back in for changes to take effect.
Once you activate the website, your school users (students, teachers, or other school staff) will be able to use the My Hall Pass option available in the My Edline menu.
How to Create a Link to Study Island
To create an automatic sign-on to Study Island from a school’s homepage in Edline, you will need to setup a link. District super users can create the link from the Links box on the district homepage and multi-post the link to the specific schools.
- On the district homepage, hover over the Links box click the Add Item icon.
If you do not have the Links box available on the home page, click the View Page As icon from your toolbar to open the Resource List page. Select Link from the drop-down and click the Add button.
- Type Study Island as the Title and click Create Now.
- In the Link URL box, type the tag for the Study Island application, including the brackets and lowercase letters:
- Select View Link In a New Window When Clicked.
- In the Multiple Posting area, add the schools that will have the link.
- Click Save and Return.
The Links box will contain your new Study Island link on all the selected schools.