Whenever you find or create content in Blackboard Open Content clicking the Publish button steps you through adding the content to your Edline class page. But, to include the content to your class calendars, you will need to open the content within your class page to set the calendar date. When you publish content from Blackboard Open Content to your Edline class page, the content is automatically available to your students, but you can change the visibility settings within Edline.
How to Publish Content to Your Class Page and Add the Data to Your Calendar
- After creating or finding content for your class page, click Publish.
- Select your class from the Courses box and select the folder.
For example, you can choose the Assignments folder. This folder will default to the location in Edline where you launched Blackboard Open Content.
- Click Publish.
- From the Edline breadcrumbs, click on the location of the new content.
- Click on the Blackboard Open Content icon for the content to access the Modify Blackboard Open Content Resource page in Edline.
- Set the date for the content in the Calendar Date box.
- Click Save when finished.
When you publish content from Blackboard Open Content to your Edline class page, the content is automatically available to your students. Click Change Visibility to restrict the content if you are not ready for students to access the information.