You can open a calendar from a specific teacher, class, group, or activity web page to view only that group’s specific events. For example, if relatives want a calendar of all the school’s basketball games, you can send them a link to the basketball website, or print the basketball calendar information for them.
If homework, assignments, or other documents are listed in a calendar, you can click on the calendar link to view the actual content.
How to View Events on the Calendar
Open the webpage (school, class, group, or folder) that you want to view. There are several ways to view the calendar events:
- Most homepages list the calendar events with a brief summary of the event or a mini calendar, depending on the design layout your school has chosen to use. For the list calendar, if there are more than five upcoming events, click the More Events link for the full calendar view.
- To view a specific event from the webpage calendar, click on the name of the event to open the event details or content.
- Click the Calendar link on the webpage to open the calendar for the current month.
From the full calendar view you can click on an event listed to view the details.
How to View Other Months or Weeks in the Calendar
When you open the calendar, the current month automatically appears. You can change the view to display the current week’s information, or to display another month or week in the calendar.
- To view monthly data, select Monthly from the View list.
- To view weekly data, select Weekly from the View list.
- To view previous events, click the Previous arrow to view last month’s or last week’s information. If the View list is set to Monthly, the system displays the previous month. If the View list is set to Weekly, the system displays the previous week.
- To view next calendar events, click the Next arrow to view next month’s or next week’s information. If the View list is set to Monthly, the system displays the next month. If the View list is set to Weekly, the system display’s the next week.
- To view the current calendar, click the Current Month or Current Week link. If the View list is set to Monthly, the Current Month link is available. If the View list is set to Weekly, the Current Week link is available.
How to Highlight Events on the Calendar
From the full-calendar view, you can highlight specific types of events on the calendar. Use this feature to highlight things like assignments, test dates, or anything you would like to track on the calendar.
- Select the event category to highlight from the Highlight list. Types of events can include Tests, Assignments, News, and Uncategorized Events (school personnel can create event categories by creating new folders). Only events under the selected category will be highlighted.