After the BIRT plugin is installed, it can be used to create report packages that can be imported.
How to Use the BIRT Plugin
- Click File > New > Other.
- Select Blackboard Project > Blackboard Reports.
- Enter a name and click Finish. This step creates a new project, including the manifest file.
- Create a new report by opening the report design perspective then right clicking on the project name and selecting New Report. The location and name need to be entered into the BIRT design functions. The manifest file editor is the formatted view of the XML file.
- Select Add definition. The definition details update the XML file.
- Export the project to a ZIP file.
- Enter a name and location. The ZIP file becomes the package that is imported.