You can manage tools within a node.
- For each tool listed the type of tool is identified.
- Turn the availability of the tool on or off for authenticated users.
- Lock or unlock the tool availablity setting. If locked, instructors cannot change the setting at the course or organization level. If unlocked, instructors can change the setting at the course or organization level.
- When you make a change to the availability settings you are asked to identify where the changes apply. Choose from New or New and existing.
- Make the tool available to guests and observers. If you see the no symbol () this tool cannot be made available to guests and observers. Check or uncheck the availability checkbox to make the tool available or unavailable to guests or observers.
- Click Submit to save your changes.
How to Manage Tools in a Node
To manage a tool in a hierarchy level node from the node:
- Navigate to the hierarchy level node you want to manage a tool in.
- Click the Tools tab.
- Select the Availability.