You have access to records of system activity involving logging in and out.
The Authentication Logs report when and how often users log in and what authentication provider they are using. This information is logged to the Blackboard Learn database.
Note: The legacy authentication provider does not produce log messages. Therefore, the legacy provider search filter is disabled.
The Authentication Logs page includes a powerful Search filter for searching, a Log Summary area for summarizing the events in the log, and a Message Detail pane at the bottom of the page for displaying event details, including handler class and type, user agent, and the log message.
There are two ways to access the Authentication Logs page:
- On the Administrator Panel, in the Building Blocks section, select Authentication. Click View Authentication Logs.
- On the Administrator Panel, in the Tools and Utilities section, select Logs. Click Authentication Logs.
The Authentication Logs Page
- Search filter allows you to search for specific activity > filtering by user, authentication provider, event type, and date.
- Refresh the display so that the most current log entries appear that match the filter choice.
- Clear Counts clears the message count indicators in the Log Summary section to aid in troubleshooting.
- Purge Log removes all records from the log, which also clears the message count indicators in the Log Summary section.
- Message Detail pane allows you to review event details including handler class and type, user agent, and the log message. Click an event in the Log Summary section to display the Message Detail for that event.
Tip: With REDIRECT type authentication providers, such as CAS or Shibboleth, some authentication events may not be logged as they occur on the authentication source server.