A course must be made available before students enrolled in the course will be able to view or access the course and its content. However, you may want to make a course unavailable during the building process or after a scheduled course has finished.
If your course is unavailable, access is determined by course role. Blackboard administrators, instructors, course builders, teaching assistants, and graders can see and access unavailable courses from the My Courses tab and the course list, but they are marked as unavailable. Students cannot access unavailable courses regardless of the course duration. Unavailable courses do not appear in the course catalog.
Watch a Tutorial
Double-click the video to enlarge the viewing area.
- On the Control Panel, expand the Customization section and click Properties.
- In the Set Availability section, click Yes or No.
- Optionally, when making a course available, you can choose one of the following options in the Set Course Duration section:
- Continuous (default) to leave the course available without a specified start or end date.
- Select Dates to choose a start and/or end date. The start and end times are set automatically. The start time is midnight and the end time is 11:59:59.
- Days from the Date of Enrollment to specify a specific length of time users have to access the course after enrolling. This is the best option for self-paced courses.
- Click Submit.